Milestones, Traveling, and Blogging Buddies

Ok, this is HUGE. H-U-G-E. With both some new readers, and the always beautiful BwD faithful, I reached 50 comments not once... but twice. How awesome is that? And guess what? This is my 50th post. I know... it's crazy. I remember my first few posts, and I was like "I'm kinda running out of material, how do I keep this going?"

The short answer is just keep on typing whatever pops into your head (but PG-13 rated and lower helps), and just have fun. Make some friends, and just be your awesome self. If people didn't like you, or they wouldn't really come by, right? So bascially I'm going to treat this like Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, and just keep rolling with the punches.

So to everyone that helped me on my monumental climb to Cloud 50, thank you ever so much. Since coming back from my trip late Monday, I've already tried to make some rounds, and dropping comments like I did Buffalo wings... into my stomach :)

I have some rather unfortunate news though... and I apologize in advance.

Due to my packing and moving back home this coming Sunday... all baking and glorified food photos are suspended... until early next week. I've packed up my pans, my flour and whatever is left... and I just don't have the time to devote to making awesome sweets. I'm leaving for NC for chiropractic job stuff on Thursday, I come back on Saturday, and then I drive back home to Albany on Sunday. It's going to be a little nuts... but I'm going to make it fun at the same time :)

So, this post is just to let you guys and gals know a few, albeit random things (which you might like):
  1. Everyone who helped me reach 50... you are cooler than an a frozen Vanilla Ice
  2. Don't worry if I'm not around commenting this week... as Arnold said in T2... I'll be back
  3. To the new readers... thanks for checking me out
  4. Buffalo wings are good hangover food... yup
  5. I'm not 18 anymore... or at least my body knows it
  6. If you're still up at 4am, you probably have a good story to tell :)
And finally, I have a few awards and unfinished business to take care of...

Now it's been awhile since I've recieved these, and due to some absent-mindness and somewhat of a hectic schdule... I kinda forgot who gave me exactly what... but here goes :)
Helene of La Cuisine de Helene gave me this Kreative Blogger Award... which I much appreciate. They even spelled creative in a cool way. Thanks!
Carla of Chocolate Moosey gave me this I Love you This Much Award... which is really sweet, but sometimes I think she just wants me for my chocolate... or moose... haha j/k :)
Shreya of Mom's Cooking is a good friend of mine from another time zone, and about a half day away. Even though we live in totally different times, we love good food and good laughs. It's very BFF quality :)

Whew, and that's it. Anu of ...And a Little Bit More... has a fantastic, healthy centered blog. It is a new favorite of mine, and I absolutley love how she incoropates a balanced life style with knockout sweets. She recently tagged me... with these rules:

The rules of the tag are:
(a) List these rules on your blog.
(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

So here are mine.... random facts about me... totally random...
  1. I love breakfast at any time of the day
  2. I actually enjoy shopping with mom
  3. I talk too much during class... or back when I took classes
  4. I have blue eyes
  5. I can't wait to finally start making money
  6. I think Halloween has the best decorations of any holiday
  7. I am very, very excited for the new James Bond
If you want to learn more about me... complete with pictures... you can click here too...
And I need to pass this on to 7 others... hmmm... VeggieGirl, Carla, Natalie, Ben, Dawn, Teresa, and Sarah. I bet they all have some cool responses for us :)

Ok, sorry for the rambling and long post. I have to go pack up some more boxes... remember to stay cool, don't play with sea urchins or fire, and I'll be around your blog soon. If you have any good reccomendations for sights in the Raleigh/Greensboro area... write me an email. Thanks :)

Comments

LizNoVeggieGirl said…
Hooray for exceeding your comment goal!!! :0)

Love all the facts; and thanks for the shout-out!!
Meg said…
Yeah for all the 50s and the awards! Stay safe through all your travels!
hungryandfrozen said…
Congrats on the double-fiddy comment tally. Good luck with the move - and yay for the new Bond film. Actually I'm not into Bond films at all, just swept up in everyone's excitement :) The Jack White/Alicia Keys theme song is nifty though.
Sue said…
Congrats on making 50 TWICE! That's awesome! I like that you're anticipating a crazy week and have decided to have fun with it. Keep it up!
Congrats for 50. I love it. Thanks for posting the Award. This is sweet of you. Sending lot's of love your way.
Emily said…
Good luck with your move! Talk to ya soon.
Laura Paterson said…
Woop - congrats on the 3 50s and the awards!

Lots of upheaval all round - catch you when you're back!!
Ivy said…
Congrats on your 50s and all the awards. Enjoy yourself and come back soon.
Congrats on your 50th post! Good luck in your travels.
Dude congrats man! You know I love ya, and am so glad to have you as such a good friend.
I'm just as excited as you to start your new job; seems like a long time coming eh?
As always, your body is SMOKING in those pics! Rock it!
;-) Buuuuudddeee!
No squeezing the juuuuuuuice!
Maria said…
Yahoo! You made it to 50!! Congrats on all of your awards too!! You deserve them! Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly. And you made my day. I am so glad I am cooler than Vanilla Ice:)
Yasmeen said…
Congrats on the awards and 50th post milestone! And enjoy the scenic drives:)
Congrats on 50 comments and 50 posts and all of those well-deserved awareds. If I can ever make 20 comments on a post I'd be happy.

Good luck with everything going down in the next few weeks and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all look forward to seeing your receipes again.
Lore said…
Wow how cool is that, the 50th post coming right after you reached 50 comments :D. Here's to more!!!
Congrats on your awards as well and have a good move back home
where's this protein bar post you speak of?!?!

you know, you can submit an entry and then just give the bars to ur dad if u win.
Sangeeth said…
have a great time Adam! Yes Anu's site is my new fav too :) loved your meme...really shopping with mom? cool! I have never come across a guy saying this :) good to know more abt u! congrats for reaching 50 both posts and comments :)
Anonymous said…
Good job! Congrats. Love the blog!

Travel safely!
Unknown said…
Cheers to your "50 comments not once... but twice"... "How awesome is that?", Truly awesome!!! :) have a safe trip and enjoy...
Yes, spicetastic... precisely!

So... when am I gonna see some of the cupcakes on your "list" make their way to your blog??
anudivya said…
You did cross 50! Yay!
And thanks for doing the Meme, that was pretty nice.
And the cute little mention abt my blog... Aw!
Another trip? Have fun... haven't been to either of the places you are traveling to, so I am gonna keep my mouth shut.
Shreya said…
Congrats, Congrats, and Congrats. Also wish you many many many posts! A guy who likes to shop with his mom is just about perfect:-) I am on a mini-vacation (not much like a real vacation) myself, and wont be posting, but cannot help visiting my fav spaces!
Unknown said…
Phew, 50! you rock. I'm with you on #1 and #5 :) having just moved myself, i am not jealous of all your boxes ;-)
Clumbsy Cookie said…
You're doing more miles this month than some people do an whole year! Good luck in NC and with packing and moving. What an exiting time! So you're gonna start baking southern now? have fun with all and don't drink much, remember the eyes, mind, heart, body thing! ;)
Steph said…
I can't believe I missed your 50th post milestone!! Congrats! Btw, I really missed reading your super cool jokes the past little while when I was busy!! Your blog is always a great place to visit whenever I'm in a bad mood because after your jokes, how can I not be smiling?
Fitness Foodie said…
Congrats on the big 5-0! Good luck with the move and looking forward to more baking.
Snooky doodle said…
thanks for visiting my blog and leaveing such funny and nice comments :) I m looking forward to your updates. It s not strange you reached 50 your posts are so interesting and funny at the same time. Good trip back home :)
susan said…
woot! congratz! but what is it with you and 50?! 50 posts, 50 comments :)) and congratz on the awards!
50, huh? I feel like this is a 50th anniversary party that I was late to, came without a gift, and knocked over the punch bowl into the DJ booth. Congratulations, partner.

I want 50 comments...
Maybe if I had enough time to make my blog rounds like I used to... hmmm...
Congrats - I know EXACTLY how it feels. I think I got like a gazillion comments on like my third post. I was happy!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com
CECIL said…
Haha! :) I did check the sidebar..to make sure you were not delusional like I did posting about 100th post! Gosh. Congrats for 50 posts! I can eat breakfast food anytime of the day too. Happy packing and unpacking ;)
Carla said…
Hmm I could use some buffalo wings right now *cough* Now off to think of 7 random things. Have a safe trip!
Ivy said…
Adam, there is another Award for you to collect from my blog.
Dee said…
Congratulations on the big 50s and the awards. Take our time; I'll be here when you're back :)
Elle said…
What?? No sea urchins OR fire? You really play hardball, you know that?

Sorry I've been MIA for so long--life is keeping me very busy, as I see it will be for you, too.

Congrats on your awards, you definitely deserve them! See you when you get back!
Natalie Que said…
Hey! I'm glad you've been gone and busy since I have too and I wouldn't have been able to keep up if we hadn't been switched at birth and thus take our vacays at the same time.

Thanks for using my code name, as in my real name, on the tagged. I wondered who Natalie was, and then it occurred to me that it could possibly Me... and thus it is.

I know I owe you an email, it's coming!
Dori said…
Woah, that cake looks killer!
miss v said…
the cake looks awesome, but the name is what give it some bad-assness.

glad you made it home safely. looking forward to some new baking blogs from ya. and if your travels ever take you to kc, i could really use an adjustment. ;)
CECIL said…
Adam, when I see that photo of Ponderosa - oh my, all these memories just flooded to my head!! It was 'the' place in this town where I went to school at. It's in Kentucky and have population of 13000. We used to go there for buffet - or..actually the entire town is there on Sunday.

I can't help but crack up about your Canadian roommates - no, eh, eh?! :) That's one thing that I have not picked up on.
Liz said…
Oh, this sounds great. I love everything in this cake. Cinnamon + chocolate = awesomeness.