Um, I Think I Overslept...

I don't know what happened. I don't know whether I pulled a Steve Urkel and "fallen and can't get up", or what... but I pulled a small blogging break. I think maybe a few of you have been there before. One day of relaxing turns into two, and so on, and so on...
So that's kinda what happened I guess. I took a hiatus, a vacation, a well deserved rest, if you will.

And in these last couple of days of hanging out at home with the family, and now having a diploma, I think I've learned a few things... ok well not school related things...
  • Behind each great person and act of hard work are a bunch of harder working and caring individuals
  • Mulled wine is a very, very good thing... I recommend it
  • Think if what you are doing right now brings you closer to where you want to be
  • You can never have too many friends :)
  • Just about every holiday cookie recipe seems to start with two sticks of butter
  • The clearance racks are you friends for holiday shopping
Ha, ok maybe that was a little random. But they are the first things that have been on my mind today. Oh, and another... I've been watching people at the gym, and noticed that no one trains their glutes. No one. I'm guessing quite a few of them have hip or back pain too. Should I write up a butt routine? I think I will soon. Something that will make your significant other say "Are you going to stand during the whole movie? Why don't you sit down?" You can't.

I'm sorry that there is no recipe for today. I've been trying to help everyone eat a little better, so that kind of makes cookies and the like a little difficult to make. However, (sounding trumpets) holiday baking is among us. So, I promise to have a couple of family recipes for you in the next few days or early next week. They probably won't be healthy, but it really only is for once a year, right :)

I'd like to take the time to thank everyone who has come by the blog in its short break to leave a comment and say how much they like everything. Don't take anything personal if I haven't been too active lately, it's just that things are going to be a little busy until the next year. I still have job interviews and holiday things with the family coming up, so it all takes a little time.
Remove Formatting from selection
I appreciate everyone who comes by here to laugh and have a good time :) Always feel free to leave a comment, but if you can't or don't want to, well that's cool too. I'm easy going, and I blog for myself... I just don't mind having a few million travelers with me :)

My two last orders of business are to thank a bunch of bloggers for awards that were recently, and by recently I mean like months ago... passed on to me. Sadly, I don't remember what award goes where, but I still love getting all of them. So, I'd like to thank:

Steph at Obsessed with Baking, Shreya at Mom's Cooking, Mikky at My Finds..., Teresa at Mexican-American Cookbook, and Maria at Two Peas in a Pod. These gals are always very, very cool people and have fantastic recipes. We have Indian, Mexican, Chocolate, Healthy, Baking of all sorts found in these blogs. You'll find anything to meet your fancy needs.

And finally, lastly.... Astra at Food for Laughter tagged me for a MeMe... this looked pretty cool so I'll throw it in here at the end. I think her blog is fantastic, and her healthy recipes always give me new ideas and insights to try. (And don't worry, your schooling will be over soon too :)

You have to answer with one word answers... kinda tricky, because I'm a talker :)

1. Where is your cell phone? Away
2. Where is your significant other? Single
3. Your hair color? Light
4. Your mother? Fun
5. Your father? Caring
6. Your favorite thing? People
7. Your dream last night? Battle
8. Your dream/goal? Chiropractic
9. The room you’re in? Kitchen
11. Your fear? Snakes
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Rich
13. Where were you last night? Mall
14. What you’re not? Quiet
15. One of your wish-list items? Shoes
16. Where you grew up? NY
17. The last thing you did? Eat
18. What are you wearing? Flannel
19. Your TV? Off
20. Your pet? DOGS
21. Your computer? Warm
22. Your mood? Starving
23. Missing someone? Nope
24. Your car? Snowy
25. Something you’re not wearing? Gloves
26. Favorite store? Market
27. Your summer? Awesome
28. Love someone? Yup
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When is the last time you laughed? Constantly
31. Last time you cried? E.T

Instead of tagging people on particular, because I can think of too many people who would have hilarious responses... the first 5 people to comment are going to do the Meme, if they want to. They can also take any award from my award wall too. Am I changing the rules? Maybe, but come on, just trust a doctor... it'll be alright :)

Comments

susan said…
that picture is so funny.
haha, i know what you mean about taking a break one day and then it becomes two and so on :)
just glad that ur back. i was worried!
btw, i look forward to seeing some of ur family recipes!
Sue said…
PLEASE consider this Comment Number 6. I am SOOOOOO far behind on tags!

We missed you. Taking a blogging break is necessary sometimes. But always come back to us!
Glad you're back but everyone can use a break. Please, please do a glutes post. I've had a hip problem for a few months and I am beginning to think it's misbalanced muscles. Hopefully I'll find the answer when I go to my dr appt which is not for 2 more weeks. Ok, I'll do the meme. It looks like a nice fun short one.
Lacey said…
bah, i hear ya. i am currently trying to snap myself back into the blogging world also. life happens :)
anyways good to see a post from you. i'll repost the meme tomorrow. and congrats again on graduating :)
Christine said…
Adam's back! I know what you mean about unintentional hiatus; it just happens, no worries! And every holiday cookie recipe does start with two sticks of butter. Gosh.

K, I have to renew the books I remembered that woke me up now.
Emily said…
Welcome back!

Yes, 2 sticks of butter is necessary in a cookie. I completely agree.
Shreya said…
hi Adam, nice post again. Awesome Meme, and I missed it by two earlier birds. I love the new rules, doctor. Enjoy the holidays and will look forward to the post focusing on the glutes:-)
LizNoVeggieGirl said…
WELCOME BACK, ADAM!!! I've missed you!!!
Unknown said…
haha, love the meme :) you deserve the break after all that hard work!! i was trying to make a little healthier cookies... but then i had to go back to the classics!!
Unknown said…
meant to add: good luck with the interviews!
Steph said…
Adam!! I missed you so much! Can't wait for your post about gluts.. I was just thinking about how I should start doing swats or something the other day.. haha.
Right - every recipe does call for two sticks of butter - lol - hilarious.
PG said…
Welcome back! Good luck with the interviews and getting through December.
You were missed very much while you were gone, but I won't hold it against you because I know we all have lives. Try not to do it again for a while though, okay? ;-)

Tell me about that holiday shopping thing! I have scored tons of tschotkes for thank you gifts at Marshalls! Marhsalls is like a giant clearance rack in one store.

Of course holiday cookies all have tons of butter. That's what makes them so special!
anudivya said…
Hey Adam! Long time no see... I popped in by chance to see if I was missing any posts, and here you are!
2 sticks of butter... er, I dont think so. I made a batch of low fat Almond and Oats cookies (previous post) and they were to die for. It was not my own recipe, so doesn't count as blowing my own horn :)
RecipeGirl said…
Glad to see you've been relaxing and pondering life (and other random things) :)
Pam said…
Post glute exercises - we all could use them I am sure (especially after the holidays).

Glad to see your back! Everyone needs to take a break sometimes.
Snooky doodle said…
Nice to have you back. Missed your comments. Glad you re a talker I enjoy reading your blog :))
jesse said…
So good to see you posting again! And yep, mulled wine plus two sticks of butter... that's what's going to tide me over once I get my credit card bill after Christmas shopping... ;)
CookiePie said…
Welcome back! And yes, a glutes routine will be much appreciated, especially after all those cookies with 2 sticks of butter in them...
I was in a blog break also because of a vacation that turned into an injury.

I can't wait to read about your family recipes. Thanks for today's post.
Chibog in Chief said…
I was wondring what happened to my my dear "cool adam". we all needed a break sometime.i'm glad you are back!!! that picture is so funny....is that you? hehehehe
Lore said…
Yeah, it's good to oversleep from time to time :)
I see we share the same fear: sneaks and it makes sense since you're you know...Adam ;). Not so much sense when it comes to my fear since my name is not mentioned anywhere in the bible lol :D
I'm thinking on taking a break too for a while...my holiday spirit is a bit deflated.
Good luck on the job search, for some reason I had thought you already landed a gig. My mind is failing me lately.
Don't stay away too long, I'll miss my workout partner ;-)
Maria said…
Glad you got a break, well deserved for sure, but I am glad you are back!!
giz said…
Giz psychology - man, you just graduated - you're moving from one phase to another - taking stock and rehotwiring yourself is important - you have the rest of your life to blog - you have a shorter window to figure out what you're doing. But then, I've been told I'm full of it so what do I know.
Ivy said…
Welcome back Adam. We all need a short break once in a while. Shall be looking forward to those family recipes and shall worry about the butt after Christmas, hehehe!!
The only thing better than a recipe that starts with 2 sticks of butter are instructions that start with creaming the butter and sugar together! Ohhh those words are heaven to my ears!!
You cried watching ET??? How sweet. Sometimes recipes don't matter, it's just knowing someone is there to hear you out...good or bad or boring. That's why we're foodie "FRIENDS". Love ya cutie.
Anonymous said…
Glad to see you're back. I thought maybe you pulled a hamstring doing deadlifts or something.
susan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan said…
oh em gee. i just realized that i was the first to comment and therefore i have been tagged (i didnt see it before)! hmmm, mind if i take the yumyum blog award? :) wee.
Clumbsy Cookie said…
Yep I've been oversleeping lately too! I miss youuuuuuuuuu!
Wow where the heck did Adam go? Did he drop off the face of the blogosphere (as if the blogosphere had a face)??