Cooldown Cherry Coconut Crunch Parfait

I like the heat. Once I graduate in about 6 months, I plan on moving down south, have some fun in the sun, and helping people the best I can. Some people love the snow, or the rain, or the four seasons. If you're one of those of people, that's cool, I totally dig that. I'm a little different though. My love affair with snow is over... and by love affair I mean getting my lunch money stolen everyday for 4-5 months out of the year. So this heat wave up in NY is something that I don't mind, and am actually happy for. The only thing that I miss now is AC. When you want to go to sleep at midnight and you're swimming like a toy boat in sweat, it's not awesome. So there is no way my oven is going on this week. This week is cool dessert week. So I bring you something cool and simple. If you think I'm cheating you a little, well just blame the heat on my brain. I'm a poor college kid. Send me AC money :)

I like parfaits because they take about 3 minutes to make, and are super versatile. Cherries were on sale, so I went with that. I'm sure any fruit you have will work, so just take your yogurt, fruit, and some crunch like granola and layer them. It's a nice texture combination, and the presentation gives out super style points. I feel like I could impress a girl with this (but there's probably no fooling some of you), which might be a great idea down the road. When you're hot and tired, give this summer treat a shot.

I don't know the exact measurements for the recipe, and sort of just layered things, so just use your best judgment. Remember, we just make stuff up here.
Cherry Coconut Crunch Parfait

1 cup low-fat, vanilla yogurt
1 cup cherries
½ cup granola
¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut

Take out a clean, small glass like a wine glass. Layer yogurt, cherries, granola, and coconut into the glass until you have between two and three layers each. Chill for a few minutes to combine the flavors, and enjoy.

Serves 1-2.

Oh and a word of advice, coconut and cherries go really well together. It might sound weird, but they are like a fun version of peas and carrots.

Comments

test it comm said…
Cool yogurt, juicy cherries and crunchy granola sounds like a great way to cool down in the heat!
Emily said…
I think cherries and coconut go together.

Looks great! Try to keep cool...
I'm a summer person myself, but I can't bring myself to leave the area. I do like having some seasonal variation. I think my ideal situation would be two months of fall weather (with colors), then two weeks of snow and cold around Christmas time. Then there would be a month of srping weather (with blooming trees and flowers) and the rest would be summer. Winter at least gives me something to look forward to. If it were summer all of the time I might get tired of it.
Just got here, sorry I'm late to the party. I see Emiline got here first...she's always down for a good party.
You are a badass dessert man! I'll note you down in my blogtown list!
Ooh Adam this sounds yummy and healthy too. Got to make it. I hope this isn't a treat you take in on Fridays. I think that would make it a bit messy. But who knows, if being a chiropractor doesn't work out, you could always open up a bakery. I'll be a loyal customer. :p